Our verse since our adoption journey began:

James 1:27 - "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress..."

Rachel's Referral Photo

Rachel's Referral Photo

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Rachel's Orphanage




This is a very nice orphanage in Shanghai, not the kind you probably had pictured in your mind. Apparently, it's a model orphanage. I didn't know this until we returned from China! Unfortunately, we didn't get to see the main buildings. Our van parked in front of the glass doors (the round part you see), we went in and came back out with Rachel through the same doors and left. I wish I had known, and maybe I would have had the nerve to ask the driver if we could take pictures around the beautiful place. (I got these pictures from a website of the orphanage!) So mad at myself for not investigating this before we traveled!

No comments:

Post a Comment